Property Being Reviewed: Courtyard by Marriott, Agra
Category : Luxury Stay /Fine Dining
Lets know a little about Agra first:
Taj Mahal – this name is enough to describe Agra .
That’s right, Agra is the city which houses one of the 7 wonders of the world besides a number of other marvellous architectural epitomes. Talking of the geographical location , well the city is located on the banks of river Yamuna in the Indian State of Uttar Pradesh.
Whenever you are in Agra , just don’t miss visiting & enjoying street food at Sadar Bazar , the very famous market place of Agra .
The Hotel Review
- Location & Vicinity : With hardly 3 km from the Taj Mahal and about 7 km from Sadar Bazar , Courtyard by Marriott stands at just the perfect location . Infact that was the foremost reason why we opted for it . And as is the case with most of the Marriott Properties , the vicinity of the Hotel boasts of a very posh & happening area of Agra city . Also, in case you don’t want to use Hotel provided taxis (which obviously are relatively expensive ) to explore the city , OLA’s are very much available (No Ubers in Agra yet ).While we all have been to one or the other Luxury properties where one is virtually bound to opt for in-house conveyance but as a good gesture, Hotel staff at Courtyard allows these OLA cabs to enter the premises to pick guests up right from the reception itself .
- Ambiance : The Decor of the Hotel , particularly the Reception area is Top notch with beautiful use of colours , chandeliers & other props and the view thus generated is spectacular . Some of the clicks below will summarize our description above :
It’s all in the Room after-all
The moment you enter the room , you know you are at the right place . While being the reviewers who usually write about the positives & negatives of a property in detail , we did try to find something to complain about in our room but genuinely , we couldn’t except that room service can be improved a little . Check out the room that we stayed in here :
- How’s the Food Baby ?
*This particular photograph of Courtyard by Marriot’s Kitchen has been downloaded from internet.
While the food that we had ordered for dinner in our room tasted just ok , the breakfast that we had at MoMo Cafe was sumptuous & palatable with plenty of options to choose from .
Right from South India delicacies to Rajasthani Bedmi Puris to Jalebis , we relished the desi food served in a very elegant manner . Equally luscious were the deserts available there, especially the fruit cakes . All in all , food at Courtyard won’t disappoint you .
- Hospitality : Extremely Courteous & helpful staff who go out of the way to make the guests feel comfortable. Even though at luxury hotels, the staff is expected to be exceptionally well mannered but still, the mannerisms should come across as natural, not forced and that’s exactly what we liked about Courtyard. For instance , we forgot earphones in our room at the time of checkout but when called the property to inform about the same , the staff person was sincere enough to courier it back to our home address on the very same day .
Gentle feedback / suggestions for the Management :
- Please arrange for tourist friendly pocket maps of Agra City at the reception , depicting all major tourist spots along with the approximate distance from the property .
- Possibility of providing a kid’s corner somewhere around Entrance Lobby may please be explored.
Final Verdict :
One Hundred Percent recommended ! Just go it & thank us later !!
Travel Tip to save you a few bucks
There was substantial difference in prices for the exactly same room at Courtyard Agra on different booking portals . We eventually got a very good deal. So do compare before going ahead with your booking.
To the Readers : I hope you found this review helpful & worth reading . Would really love to hear your feedback in comments section !
Namaste & take care till my next post !
Read my other restaurant reviews here :
Reach me at :